3.17.2020

Things to do while in Quarantine or Shelter-in-Place: Day 1

Hello!

I've dusted off the old blog to summarize and run a series of 'what to do' lists for friends and family. It's efficient for me to keep what I'm sharing in one place.

In this small corner of the Internet, it's about the silver lining and getting through it all as best you can. I did this for the people that get me, but there's room for everyone to join, share, contribute productively and move a positive ripple into the world. Bear in mind that if you are feeling in isolation with others, you’re bound to get on each other’s nerves. Respect each other’s space, get some alone time and try to maintain a sense of humor.

For some, the rolling shelter in place or quarantine orders across the globe in an effort to flatten the impact curve of Covid-19 (also know as the novel Corona virus) can be frustrating and difficult and for others 'easy'.... for a time.

Earlier this year I colored a stack of tongue depressors (really wide Popsicle sticks) and made a jar of 'things to do'.  Three reasons I did this:

  • Sometimes I find myself with a spare half hour or hour or a free day. Any amount of free time takes me by surprise. 
  • I have a fear of falling into boredom. 
  • I want to remember some other stuff to do that isn't on my to-do list or simply "mix it up". 

That exercise has prepared for giving you what you need to get through the "Quarantine Quiet".  (Understand your house may be full of kids and not quiet; I mean the world is trying to be somewhat quiet right now at home."

More on the Popsicle sticks later.

I hope you find my content mostly humorous and constructive.
There are plenty of validated resources available about what to do medically, with hygiene, with social distancing, with psychology and more.

Let's start with the Spotify Playlist.



I recently discovered clean-joke humorist, Jeanne Robertson, who is known for encouraging people to find humor in any situation.


Taking a page out of her book, I created My Covid-19 playlist.

This comes with a warning that you will not love all the music. There's a mix of genre and it was all about the song titles (in their specific order - it's a bit funny). Much of the music is pretty good, but there's some explicit language ones (in case you have impressionable ones) and some other styles you may not love. Skip, fast forward, don't follow. It's okay.

Until next time!



No comments:

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |