1.02.2013

WOW! Wednesday - Thinking of You Card

Happy Wednesday! It's only the second day of 2013, but I have planned out much of my month which is mostly traveling around the West to various trade shows and sales meetings. I'm excited for my third CHA in the last 12 months! If you're at the show in Anaheim this month, let me know!

When I book travel, I tend to think of friends and family in far away places. Who is in the area I'm going to, who I haven't seen for a while, who is far, far away that I miss seeing often. Today, the gentleman that came to mind was Father Joe Pendergast. He's no where near any area on my travel itinerary, but maybe he entered my mind because of the shamrocks I punched with my latest Martha Stewart punch purchase.

Father Joe is back in Ireland. He's in his 80s now and moved back to his home country mid-year 2012 to settle down near his family. I really miss him. He's been part of my life for the last 18 years. He's so funny, charming, spiritual and down-to-earth...he's the Irish grandpa I never had.

I made a card for him today. It may seem a bit girly, but the note I'll include will remind him of the bright sunny state (much like the card colors) he once called home that hopefully will carry him through the Irish winter.



Supplies Used:
Stamps: WOW! Embossing Powders - Build a Butterfly & Everyday Sentiments

WOW! Embossing Powders - [for sentiment] Blueberry, Nutmeg and Paprika from Suzy West's Pantry Collection, [to create gradients in butterflies] Bay Area Blue and Cable Car from Suzy West's By the Bay Collection, Cotton Candy and Bubble Gum from Suzy West's Candy Counter Collection, Bodacious Blue and Neutral Shimmer from Suzy West's Embossing Glitter Collection, and Primary Sherbert.

Scrap Pieces of Paper, Dimensional Adhesive to "pop" butterflies up and red/white bakers twine from Martha Stewart. 1.5" Circle Punch (ends of each strip were partially punched and half circles mixed up within inset of the strip where original circles were punched. Adding the touch of color under the butterflies.


Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |